Wednesday 26 November 2014

Weekly Report & Reflection Post #11

Hey Everyone,
Every moment I feel Christmas break is approaching quicker and quicker and I can't help but feel nervous and excited all at the same time. It has been a busy week so far and will be even more busy in the second half.

This week, we were to discover the world of web casting tools. Well, I have to say, it was an adventure for me. I am pretty good with technology, however, I was having no luck this week. I began by making a podcast on Garage band. However, once I downloaded my podcast to itunes and then tried to upload it to my blog, I could not do it. So, naturally I became frustrated because I had just been recording my video for 45 min and it would not work. So then, I decided to expand my PLE and look into some online tools that I could use that would work better then Garage band. And I did! I looked into the web recording tool 'Sound Cloud,' as suggested in our activity and I found it to be very helpful. I was able to record my podcast and create a video in a matter of minuets. I was then able to up load it to my blog and complete my task. In part of being a developing digital citizen, I must trouble shoot and learn from my mistakes. This way, I understand how the online tool works and when I use it again I will hopefully not run into any more problems. This is truly a lesson for me.
SoundCloud. (CC) 2014

So, let me tell you a little bit about Sound Cloud. It is a very useful tool when wanting to upload music and audio onto the internet. You can create groups with people, where you can all share information or, you can share your video to the public for all to see. It is a place where you can gather information, or just jam to your favorite beats. You can also make your own playlists of music which can be accessed from any computer. This can be very helpful if your at school and need a break from the world, just open up your Sound Cloud and play your playlist. I think that this tool is very easy to use and practical for students.

Podcasting tools can definitely contribute to my work and building knowledge. For example, as a digital citizen, I am exploring the web to understand its potential and how it can help me learn. By using podcasting tools, I am open to a whole new world of gathering information. Any time I would like to learn about something interesting or useful, I can follow someone, add them to my itunes and listen to what they have to say about my topic of interest. This can be insightful especially if you follow the podcast of someone who is a great educator and has a lot of information to share with the world. As a digital citizen, I should be taking advantage of this opportunity. 

This weeks Feedly feed of interest is about a class in the states taking advantage of the "thank you videos' on Facebook as an exercise for a digital citizenship lesson. 

http://theinnovativeeducator.blogspot.ca/2014/11/great-digital-citizenship-activity-for.html

Thanks for reading!
Missemilyp

No comments:

Post a Comment