Monday 17 November 2014

Animoto


Hey Everyone,
This week we got to explore two fun tools: Animoto and Flickr. Both of these tools have taught me a lot about my digital responsibility. As a digital citizen I have the responsibility to give credit to where credit is due. While using Flickr especially, I needed to make sure I recorded all details of the image (i.e. the author, the title of the photo, where it was from (URL) and the day is was posted). There are so many things to consider so that you give proper credit. As I am learning to understand my digital responsibilities, understanding what copy righting means has definitely been benefical. To protect the rights of those who have taken the time to upload their photos and offered their photos to be in the creative commons, it is my responsibility to show them that I appreciate their work.

While using Animoto, I was only allowed to use a certain number of words per slide. At first I became frustrated with this, however, it taught me how to condense my words and not over power the slide with information. It taught me how to be aware of appropriate technology use. As I am becoming digitally literate, this has been helpful in my understanding in what it means to actually use technology appropriately, and has increased my knowledge.

 Here is my video, enjoy!


 Pedersen, Emily. (CC) 2014


Thanks for reading!
Missemilyp

No comments:

Post a Comment