Tuesday 25 November 2014

Podcasting

In this activity, I learned about the benefits of podcasting. I personally never thought of podcasting as a tool I could use to help my learning. However, after participating in the activity, I can see how it can be beneficial in developing as a digital citizen. By using podcasting, I am making the most of digital technology by full electric participation in society. As a citizen, I have expanded my knowledge via the internet to help inform others of my topic of interest. In part of being a digital citizen, I have the opportunity to communicate and collaborate with anyone at anytime, so that everyone can share my knowledge, and hopefully I can learn from others knowledge.

In addition to communicating my knowledge with the use of podcasting, I also appropriately licensed my video into Creative Commons, so those who want to share or use my video know that limits as to how they can use my video. As a digital citizen I have to take precautions so that I am protected and guaranteed safety. I must protect my information from other citizens on the inter-web that might cause harm to my safety.

In addition to podcasting contributing to my digital citizenship, it has also added to my digital literacy. I learned how to use a tool that I would never have thought of learning before this class. Podcasting is a new way for me to share information and to gain knowledge from others on the web 2.0 that is creative and interesting. This is a growing tool that is used in society now, and as it emerges into the educational field, I must learn quickly how to use it appropriately and effectively so I can inform future students. In part of being a digital citizen, I must be digitally literate so that I can educate in a new way.

These are just a few ways that podcasting has contributed to my learning. Below is a podcasting video that I created....ENJOY!

Thanks for reading!
Missemilyp

No comments:

Post a Comment