Saturday 6 September 2014

My First Blog

Hello blogging audience,
My name is Missemilyp and this is my first EVER blog. I am a University student entering my 4th year in the Concurrent Education program at the intermediate/ senior level. My teachables are mathematics and physical education. Before entering University, I was born and raised in a small town called Uxbridge. I am a country girl with love for my family and the great outdoors. That being said, I have never once considered that I would become a blogger.

I have to be honest, I am a little nervous to begin blogging. I have never done this before and I feel like I have just entered a new country with a new language and I am the only individual who speaks English. However, I hope to learn this new language and master it by the end of this school year.

But now to the grind... Why blog??... and Why now??

Why Blog?

The purpose of this blog is mostly to participate in two classes that I am enrolled with at my University.  The first class is ADED 1P32: Learning in Digital Context. By the name of the course it is suggested that I will be learning about learning in the digital world... you would be correct! Yes, not only will I be learning about new technologies, but the Netiquette that follows it. I will expand my knowledge in digital foot prints and how to create positive engagement in the world of technology. In addition to ADED 1P32, I will also be participating in EDUC 4P19 in which I will be exploring the curriculum in the areas of assessment and instructional strategies. I will be using the blog in both classes to reflect on readings or other course material each week.

Why now?

Look at our world. Every second somewhere in the world an individual has just created a new twitter account or a Facebook account or even a Blog. It is up to us (citizens of the world) to keep up with technology before it takes over. I don't know about you but I see the struggles that my grandparents go through learning how to use the basics of technology, for example a new television. If you do not keep up with technology and expose yourself to new forms of technology it will take over. Evidently, you will become your grandparents, struggling to keep up with society. As a future teacher  I observe classrooms that not only use technology as a form of learning but is dependent on technology to guide them to better possibilities within our world. It is important  as a future teacher and citizen of the world, to keep up with my students and younger generations, therefore I must engage with technology.

With that being said, I do not want to minimize blogging to only two classes. I would like to expand my knowledge in various forms of technology and possibly continue with blogging on my own time. This way I can start expanding my knowledge of current and future technologies.

Thank you for reading!
sincerely yours,
Missemilyp



No comments:

Post a Comment