Tuesday 23 September 2014

My Expiernce with RSS Feeds

Hey everyone!
Nelson, M. (CC) 2009
This week we were introduced to the Feedly RSS reader and honestly I think this idea is fantastic and I have no idea where it has been my entire life! It does everything for you, all you have to do is subscribe and BAMMM! articles are coming to you! This was my reaction when I started exploring -->

Needles to say it has been an awesome experience getting to know Feedly RSS reader. Throughout my discoveries, I found various sites that I subscribed to, but I did find one in particular that really struck my interest. It is a site affiliated with New York Times Journal called Travel. It is a site full of information about the world and a place where people can share their stories about their adventures. There was one story I was reading called "The Legacy of the Falling Spider."It is a story about a man and his friend who spent 9th grade on an exchange trip in Kenya in the Berkshire Mountains, Camp Becket. In this exchange they had to live in various homes and become one with the folk of Kenya. At one home a massive spider fell on one of the heads of the students, while the people they lived with in Kenya laughed at them! Here is the link you can read you self:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/22/travel/the-legacy-of-a-falling-spider.html?ref=travel

Anyway, the point that I am getting at, is this site  is a place where everyone can share their stories and talk about the adventures they had. As someone who would like to travel one day, these stories are intriguing and exciting. It will encourage me to keep my dream of traveling in hopes that I one day will have a story to tell and post on the NYT Travel site.

Thanks for reading!
Missemilyp









No comments:

Post a Comment